What is National ParkRx Day?
National ParkRx Day is a national celebration promoting the growing movement of prescribing parks and nature to patients to improve human health. Every year, it falls on the last Sunday of National Park Week, which will run from April 15-23. Additionally, National ParkRx Day encourages everyone to start seeing visits to parks and public lands as very important parts of their health. In 2015, the U.S. Surgeon General released a call to action to promote walking and walkable communities. National ParkRx Day builds on this call to action and provides citizens with parks and green spaces to promote public health.
Attend an event at a park near you on April 23rd!
There are over 30 celebrations being hosted by local, regional, state, and national parks! We encourage new and returning park visitors to attend an event near them and enjoy the health benefits of nature. All of these events are FREE and open to the public.
- [Tucson] Sentinel Peak
- Tumacacori National Historical Park
- Juan Bautista de Anza National Trail
- Chiricahua National Monument
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
- Hot Springs National Park
- [Alameda] Crown Memorial State Beach
- [Antioch] Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve
- [Berkeley] Tilden Nature Area
- [Fremont] Ardenwood Farms
- [Fremont] Coyote Hils
- [Fresno] Vang Pao Elementary School
- [Fresno] Edison High School
- [Marin City] George "Rocky" Graham Park
- [Mill Valley] Mt. Tamalpais State Park
- [Oakley] Big Break Regional Shoreline
- [Richmond] John F. Kennedy Park
- [Sunol] Sunol Regional Wilderness
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Crissy Field
- [Denver] Mestizo Curtis Park
- President's Park
- Lincoln Park
- [North Port] Garden of Five Sense
- Cascade Springs Nature Preserve
- Mammoth Cave National Park
- [New Orleans] Audubon Park
- Cape Cod National Seashore
- Greenbelt Park
- [Eagan] Eagan Community Center
- Glacier National Park
- [Morris Township] Jockey Hollow Top Park Preserve
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Petroglyph National Monument
- Gateway National Recreation Area, Frank Charles Memorial Park
- [Harrisburg] Fort Hunter Mansion and Park
- Prince William Forest Park
- Great Falls Park
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- New River Gorge National River
How can I participate in National ParkRx Day?
If you plan to host an event for National ParkRx Day, please fill out this survey so that we can add you to the communications list.
We encourage anyone and any agency to celebrate National ParkRx Day. Whether you are a national park or a local community center, we all want our communities to live and thrive with ample time spent in parks and natural spaces for their health. To help you with planning your event, please take a look at the uploaded document, which will help you with the messaging and coordination of the day.
For visual communications materials, visit this page to download assets.